Tesla Canada: Brand History & Summary
Tesla Canada has ten retail stores across the country. In 2018, Tesla Canada sold a total of 15,300 units in the country, from 2,400 in 2017. During the same period, Tesla sold almost 200,000 units in the US.
Tesla is headquartered in Palo Alto, California. It operates its stores across North America and Canada from this location. Tesla vehicles are produced in Fremont factory in California.
In 2003, Tesla was started by Martin Eberhard and Mark Tarpenning. Elon Musk joined the company in 2004. Tesla’s engineers wanted to create a fun and practical all-electric vehicle that could compete with gasoline cars. Tesla’s first launch was the Roadster. By 2008, Elon Musk was the CEO of Tesla and the same year the all-electric sedan Model S was launched. It became an instant success. In 2015, the SUV Model X was added to the product line. In 2017, Tesla started production on the lower priced Model 3. By 2018, Tesla plans to increase production to 500,000 vehicles a year.
Top Regional & Popular Dealers
Explore the map to find the main regional dealers located closer to your location.
New Car Offers continue after the Lease Takeovers
Recent Tesla Takeovers
Model 3 Dual-Motor AWD Long Range Automatic AWD w/ Full Self-Driving($6,600) + Warranty Complete Term & Winter Tires
- Current Payment: 1,222 CAD/month + tax
- Original Downpayment: 5,500 CAD
- Residual Value: 29,499 CAD
- Months to End: 41 months (Dec, 2022)
- Contract Allowance: 20,000 km/year
- Current Odometer: 8,500 km total
- Available Now: 20,927 km/year (1,744 per month)
- Excess Km Cost: 0.20 CAD/km
Deal Special Perks
Model S 90D Automatic AWD with ALL AVAILABLE OPTIONS (21" Turbine Wheel Summers and Winters, Enhanced Autopilot, Premium Upgrades Package...)
- Current Payment: 2,439 CAD/month + tax
- Original Downpayment: 2,500 CAD
- Residual Value: 71,017 CAD
- Months to End: 5 months (Dec, 2019)
- Contract Allowance: 25,000 km/year
- Current Odometer: 47,515 km total
- Available Now: 65,964 km/year (5,497 per month)
- Please note that this contract ends in less than a year.
- Excess Km Cost: 0.15 CAD/km
Deal Special Perks
Explore the Full List of Tesla Canada Offers
The following list contains all online quotable base models as of the estimated prices offered by Tesla Canada for the current period. Prices are estimated based on the lowest Km per year, the specified term, rebates and taxes included.