Last week I was heading to the airport and, as usual, requested an Uber. I was surprised when I saw that a driver with 18,699 completed trips (mine was going to be number 18,700) and a 4.95 score was heading on my way on a Mazda CX-5. I had a fantastic experience down to the Terminal, and I want to share it here today.
It Takes a Lot of Time To Do 18K+ km
Although Montreal isn't a huge city, the driver mentioned that most trips were short distance movements from Montreal Downtown, Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, and Westmount. While most drivers prefer highways and more long distance trips, this for sure has contributed to the massive amount of drives and also the fact that it is his full-time job. Hopefully, he will get a surprise from Uber when the number 20,000 is completed.
A 4.95 agerage score among 18,699 trips is an impressive rating.
The Quality of the Ride Was "5 Stars"
You know it when you are treated professionally. It is the small details what makes the difference between any type of businesses:
- Even with almost 19K trips, he asked me "Which way would I prefer to get to the airport."
- He asked about "any specific" radio stations or kind of music, if "it was of my interest," even SiriusXM.
- His Car, a 2017 Mazda CX-5 was in perfect condition, both on the inside and the outside.
- The trendy "in-cargo" snack service was set up with multiple things.
- No speeding, no sharp turns and respectful to other drivers.
I drive a lot, mostly for business, and although here in Canada, we are way more respectful and careful on the roads, is it not so rare to find someone who might get you angry. Still, I love driving in Canada, so far, the best road environment I've ever seen in my life.
On that Uber ride, I felt I was safe and sound as I did later on the plane.